Read & Watch
- Gardner Campbell, “A Personal Cyberinfrastructure” (2009)
- Jon Udell, “Seven Ways to Think Like the Web” (2011)
- Jim Groom, “What Richard Scarry has to Teach Us About Domains” (2014)
- Audrey Watters, “The Web We Need to Give Students” (2015)
- Martha Burtis, “Making and Breaking Domain of One’s Own: Rethinking the Web in Higher Ed” (2016, video, transcript also available)
- Robin DeRosa, “The Web We Need Students to Give Us” (2018, video)
- “7 Things You Should Know About Domain of One’s Own” (Educause Learning Initiative, 2019).
- Muhlenberg College Domains Pedagogical Learning Community
Resources from Our Amazing Guest Speakers
Tuesday 08/03: Jim Groom
- DS 106 Assignment Bank
- Olia Lialina & Dragan Espenschied: One Terabyte of Kilobyte Age
- Olia Lialina: “From My to Me”
- MyData organization
- Coventry Domains Learning Resources
Thursday 08/04: Martha Burtis and Robin DeRosa
- UMW Domain of One’s Own Faculty Initiative
- Mike Caulfield and Amy Collier – folks to follow relating to stewardship on the Web (and so much more!)
- Kevin Gannon: The Progressive Stack
To access the back-end of your domain, log in to cPanel with your Grinnell username and password by clicking “cPanel Dashboard” at https://sites.grinnell.edu
The answers to questions below are all links from our Sites.Grinnell support documentation. Visit the support documentation for help getting started and answers to questions, complete with walkthroughs.
Other applications in your toolkit:
- Omeka: How do I install and use Omeka?
- Scalar: How do I install and use Scalar?
- MediaWiki: How do I install and use MediaWiki?